This is a blog full of recipes and food that just looks good. You'll probably drool on your screen. I don't judge :)
Peanut Butter Blondie Cake Bars
Recipe for 3 flavors! Smores, mocha and chip almond.
Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake
For the cake batter
- 70 g butter
- 10 g heavy cream
- 80 g castor sugar
- 90 g fresh milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 65 g all-purpose flour
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 10 g dark chocolate, melted
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
For a simple chocolate ganache
- 100 g chocolate (dark or milk chocolate)
- 90 g cream
- Combine and heat the sugar, milk, vanilla extract, butter and cream in a saucepan until the sugar has dissolved and butter has melted. Ingredients need not come to a boil. Remove from heat and leave it to cool once ingredients have melted.
- Once cooled, whisk in the egg, beating until the egg is well combined.
- Sift the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well, making sure the batter is free of lumps.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan and place it in the steamer. You need not preheat the steamer. Steam over medium heat for about 30 minutes and make sure that the top of the pan is covered loosely with a sheet of aluminum foil. Insert a skewer to test for doneness. If it comes out clean, remove from the steamer, otherwise continue steaming for a further 5 minutes before testing again.
- Let the cake cool for at least 20 minutes before adding the chocolate ganache. In the meantime, prepare the ganache by heating the cream until it boils. Remove from heat once it has boiled and pour it over the chopped chocolate, whisking rapidly to ensure that the chocolate melts. Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring over the cooled chocolate cake. Decorate as desired.